Wednesday, July 24, 2013

WOW! just received the proof of the cover and text for review. The cover is terrific; the designers created an attractive front and back covers. the next step is for my review of both and then off to the presses.
section of Chapter 8: The sound still echoes in my ears. "Your husband is dead." ...Fred had been shopping for a different car. Earlier that evening, he had decided to go the Scranton-Wilkes Barre area...After I tucked Doug and Lorraine into bed for the night I settled down with a novel until I dozed off. "Your husband fell asleep while driving and he is dead." ...
   My body moved among the mourners passing from one sympathetic embrace to another. My ears registered sounds of sobbing, voices of shock and condolence, my daughter's cry of protest, my son's innocent question "Where is daddy?" and my own quivering response "He's in heaven."

No comments:

Post a Comment