Wednesday, August 7, 2013

OMG! I just got word that Every Two Minutes is going live on LULU's website Friday of this week. The retail price is set plus shipping. I have also arranged a book signing at Otto's Bookstore for Sept.6th 5-8pm when I will sell the book for $15.99 plus tax. Hope to see some of you there. In the meantime, I've chose an excerpt from Chapter 4 High School Tales:
I squared my shoulders as I approached the crowd at the school's entrance. Walking as casually as I could to disguise my pounding heart, I headed toward the group of my classmates but focused intently on the huddle of Senior boys where Dave was standing. I positioned myself so that he couldn't miss noticing my profile that morning. Nothing else mattered; nothing , that is until I finally heard a chorus of voices calling my name. "Rosemary! Rosemary! What are you doing?" My friends' voices jolted me out of my fantasy. I realized that everyone including Dave was staring. They all discovered my secret. My plan was destroyed. Instead of getting Prince Charming's attention, I was in the eye of a shameful tornade sweeping up and tearing me apart. The sound of laughter was everywhere. My best friends created a protective circle until the sound of the school beel signaled the start of classes. I slipped into the girls' lavatory and removed those stiff, pointy foam-rubber creatures that had betrayed me when I needed them the most." Body image was everything to a female teenager growing up in the 50s.

No comments:

Post a Comment